Friday, November 30, 2007

Last Tutorial Blog

Today I finally succumbed to the cold my daughter has been struggling with this week. So I have missed the final lecture and tute. But I noticed that there was no lecture notes or tutorial task so hopefully I have only missed the summation of the course.

Part of our assessment is to write an evaluation blog on the course itself. So This is it.

Not having access to the complete course outline, I was not entirely sure what this course was about. I gathered it would be theory based rather than learning new applications. So I decided to give it a go. I now must proclaim to have thoroughly enjoyed the whole exercise. I found the course information revealing and thought provoking, the group discussion stimulating and the tutorial tasks became something that I looked forward to each day. This is not what I expected from this course.

The course information introduced many issues and perspectives that I had not considered before. As a frequent internet user, and a Googler, I had not really thought about what it meant to have this access. Issues like who sees or records what I do, who controlls what I have access to, who governs it, and who is making money from it.

I found Adam to be easy going and knowledgable. I enjoyed the fact that we could discuss content during the lectures.

I was disappointed that the guest lecturer, Stephen Stockwell, was unable to attend and I would have liked the lecture notes and tutorial tasks posted on the course site earlier enabling me to review the content before the lecture.

I would like to thank Adam for a great course.

No comments: