Monday, November 19, 2007

Why This Course?

Why did I choose this course? What do I think I will get out of it?

Well firstly I chose to do a course during the summer to make up for the first semester. And since I am heading towards education and believe that technology is integral to learning now and in the future, I thought New Communication Technologies sounded good. So I hope to enhance my IT skills by looking at different areas of this technology.

Another reason for choosing this particular course is to have a greater awareness of communication through the internet ie; blogging. I have two teenage children and as yet neither has shown much interest in things like MySpace etc. However, this disinterest may not last and I would prefer to know what I am up against and be prepared.

The course outline also mentions researching on the net; more than just Google and Wiki. I am sure that this will be very useful over the next three years of my university studies.

Signing off for the first time.....

Lee

No comments: