Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Virtual Tour

Today we went on a field trip to activeworld, a 3D space where users can interact with each other, have conversations and boogie. I tried it out got bored and left. Ooops! should I be saying that? Anyway, I have never had the slightest bit of interest in even check out this sites let alone the need to find others through this medium. But I have done it now and, well, haven't changed my mind about it's worth to me. Hey if it tickles you then go for it. Have a look and make up your own mind. http://www.activeworlds.com/

I was interest and, I supposed, amazed at what 4 corners reported about second life. My mind boggles at the reasons people would have for living so much of their lives in a computer generated world. To pay money for clothing, houses, and even body parts that are just digital graphics is astonishing to say the least. I think some of these people just need a hug from a living breathing warm blooded human being. Ooops there I go again. But seriously people are making real money from this and as was eluded to people are getting hurt, maybe not physically but certainly emotionally. And where does the law come into it? I don't think there are any easy answers to that one.

Well my soap box is getting squashed from all the baggage that I have brought onto it today so I think I will call it a day.

'til next time...

Lee

4 comments:

H.C★ said...

hi lee :) i found the virtual world so interesting! (was my first time lol) can i add ur blog addie on mine?

Carl said...

Would you pay money for digital music? (it's a digital asset btw, :) )

Lee said...

Hey Hannan yep you can add me blog. And thanks for the comments. My husband and I disagree on the value of the virtual world and that's OK with me. So glad you enjoyed it but each to their own.
Cheers Lee

Lee said...

Hey Carl, interesting comment! I suppose the way I see it, if I bought digital music I would be using it in the physical world rather than say buying a digital dress to use on a digital body. But in the end I would much rather listen to a live band. Cheers