Monday, November 19, 2007

A New Blogger

Day one sees me making a weblog for the first time. I have heard a lot about blogging and was exposed to more during an earlier course this year. Part of the Effective Writing course required me to speak about Writing for the Web and in particular Blogging. My assignment partner is an avid blogger and introduced me to her site. I must admit that I had a good look at the time but have never returned.

So onto the course....

The course has raised issues that I think are going to be interesting to explore. The future predicted in the video - http://idorosen.com/mirrors/robinsloan.com/epic/ -about Google is probably not too far from being accurate. Big business has a history of eating up all in it's path, so why should big cyber-business be any different? However, the issue of information security on the web is of more concern. The ability to share information around the world through the internet can be invaluable. But what about when we don't want to share with anyone other than our friends and families? How safe is it really? Maybe the questions and more will be answered as we progress through this course.

Til next time...

Lee

No comments: